View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 10:19 AM   #261
Armor and Sword
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
I haven't seen as many pop outs to the catcher as you have, but I do agree with the amount of broken bats. I see about 2-3 on average per game.
I have just started to keep tabs on the pop outs to catchers. I have played now...over 250 games.

Yes it is a sickness and I am ACTIVELY seeking counseling and a support group.

So it is becoming quite apparent to me it is a problem. At least in my eyes and my playing experience.

There are some warts (like every year when you play enough games) but overall the very best game in the series history. Took many steps forward. And in area's that have opened up new modes to me.

Online Franchise/Diamond Dynasty. And the main reasons are attributed to 2 things:

1) of course the connection and servers are greatly improved (still needs lot's of work to catch up to EA's online experience with Madden but a great leap this year).

2) Manual fielding. I am truly having a blast playing defense for the first time ever in this series history. It was the one area that sorely lacked for me coming over from MVP 2005. They really improved outfield play, and understanding that you need to be able to track balls properly, play balls off the wall properly. Ratings really matter in this aspect of the game. Ball parks too. For example...I hate playing at Fenway as the wall is a mother ****er to deal with now! LOL. Just like IRL.

They really nailed this area of the game and I can see even more progress going forward. So since fielding is much more intuitive, I ventured to online play and have not looked back. I still play plenty offline (where the game is platinum) but playing online franchise with Simulation Owners here at OS and building my Diamond Dynasty team has made this game virtual drugs for me. I will probably log over 500 games by the time MLB 16 comes out.

That is what the Devs want to hear.

Well done SCEA....well done.

Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)
Coming soon:
CFB 25 (PS5)
Madden 25 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 05-31-2015 at 10:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove