Old 06-05-2015, 04:45 PM   #30
Mr.Papercut
Rookie

Mr.Papercut's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden Should Bring Back Its PS2 Era Substitution System

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I'd like to call out these two things, because it's my opinion that they weren't strong features to begin with as they were previously implemented and I don't miss them.
Sure they sucked for the most part, but they were still in the game. I admit, I didn't understand how former players as coaches would have such a great effect on the team's attributes. For example I had Michael Turner as my OC when he retired and he had +5 on BCV, elusiveness, juke move etc. My point is, wouldn't you rather have them now in the game in the same state they were in Madden 12? Sure the attribute boosts etc. sucked and were somewhat unreal but it's the same thing with the confidence they introduced, just maybe more permanent. Stadium builder was rather lifeless, but they should've just build on it rather than abandon it completely along with the real staff. The connected career mode they replaced franchise mode with was incredibly and horribly bare in sense of the features. And it still is, you can't watch a CPU vs CPU match, have real staff or build a stadium.

The problem with all this is that they could've built easily on what they already had, but they ditched them altogether. Custom stadiums are in there sure, but it's getting boring already. If you wanted to have a realistic CFM stadium wise, you would have to relocate 3 teams just in the beginning of the save, and the options are very limited. I don't want Chargers playing in the dome or in an alienship-like stadium, nor do I wan't teams over time having similar stadiums. Again, they could've built on what they had but they decided to take several steps back.