View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 03:31 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 15 The Show: How To Stop Striking Out

The chagneups are way too slow in this game. The average difference in speed between a pitcher's fastball and changeup is like 6.7 MPH in real life. In this game it is like 14.1 MPH. Absolutely ridiculous.

Equally silly are all of the curveballs with 90+ break in the stock rosters. In only very rare cases do pitchers have a curveball that moves that much.

This is why using rosters with pitch edits is extremely beneficial. The fastball/changeup speed differential along with the juiced up breaking balls with 90+ movement in the stock rosters aren't "sim" at all. That is some cartoon, Looney Tunes stuff right there.

I also agree with the consensus that using guess pitch does much more harm than good. I used guess pitch as a crutch for years until MLB 11. It was tough plying without it at first, but after a while I became a much better hitter without it than I ever was with it. It just takes patience.

So if you want to strike out less, I would download one of several rosters in the vault that contain pitch edits and I would not use guess pitch. Give it some time and not only will you whiff less, you'll also draw more walks and get that OBP way up in no time.
Advertisements - Register to remove