View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 10:36 AM   #2
KBLover
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Franchise House Rules

Since I hardly ever get injuries in played games, I'll randomly injure players on my team couple weeks or so. I only include major league roster players and guys who actually played (higher chance to grab starters/guys I actually use). If a game event occurs that should have an injury chance (like a line drive to the face or a fastball to the wrist) but the player had his shield up (i.e. no injury in the game), I'll take that guy and randomly injure him and do it until the injury makes sense (if he got hit in the wrist, no back injury, etc).

If I actually DO get an injury to my team and it's a non-DL injury (day-to-day or out for a week, etc), I'll randomly regenerate that injury. Last time I did that, I ended Jose Fernandez's season...

Henderson Alvarez has been on the DL twice this season from this and four times in the last two seasons (RNG hates him). Chris Davis found favor with the RNG and his day-to-day injury got re-rolled into another day-to-day injury. Same with Carlos Gonzalez.

For your busts idea, I might would wait a year. Let the kid get into their organization, get a look at him, then maybe he turns out to be a bust.

Heck, maybe just randomly move some potentials around maybe twice a year.

Thinking about it gave me an idea that I should have a chance for a ratings drop after an injury. Jose Fernandez is going to hate me lol.

Last edited by KBLover; 06-13-2015 at 10:39 AM.