View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 11:13 PM   #11
Lexicon
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16
I listen to every show. Even the shows where topics aren't of any interest to me (which is pretty much anything not having to do with Football or Baseball). I completely understand where some of these comments are coming from. However, that's just the way podcasts go.

We want these guys to be themselves, and if that means having a potshot every now and again at games or developers, that's just the way things work. I also feel like turning the show off from time to time because of the way some of the hosts come across. Smarmy is a good word to use for a lot of it.

But again, we all have our annoying demeanors. Doing a podcast is not easy. Sure, doing one show once in a while might be really easy to pull off, but putting a show out every week takes a lot of work. Recording, editing, promoting, looking for sponsorship, and trying to listen to criticism and make the show better is such a time suck, and I'm sure it's not even remotely worth it, compensation-wise.

When it comes to the topic of Joe Montana Football, it does seem like the people speaking ill of it either haven't been following the information that has been released by Damon Grow, or they just don't want to go out on a limb (even if it's an inch) until something very "official" comes out about the game. Which that part is understandable, but it just makes things a little dull. We have the first "big" football game in about 4 years in development, and hardly anything was said about it, and whatever was said about it was nothing of any substance. No theories based on released information. Just a "it has the potential to be big, but I dunno." Or, someone just writes it off completely because they don't care. Which again is part of the problem. If we want an honest show, we have to take the honest responses along with it. It is just annoying since none of the other games that were talked about in depth really don't have much going for them going into E3. Nothing too exciting, at least.

I'd say that the article OS released about E3 is in the same vein, though a little more optomistic. Even then, Chris Sanner (a regular on this podcast) admitted he's not interested. Not a "problem," but it does alienate those who are extremely excited about the biggest sport in the US getting another game besides Madden, which many have grown tired of.

In short, this is a good show that occassionally pisses me off. However, I wouldn't change it because I prefer an honest pannel over a pannel that just says what they think listeners want to hear. Hope that made sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove