View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 09:05 PM   #537
thesportsguru11
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14)

The University of Connecticut, its staff, coaches, players, fans and boosters, would like to thank our seniors for their years of service to the school:

RB Josh Marriner: #Marriner26Heisman. 'Nuff said.

QB Bryant Shirreffs: 3 year starter who peaked as a sophomore. Been an effective game manager since, but his leadership, mobility and arm strength will be missed next year.

DE Cam Stapleton: UConn's all-time sacks leader was a 3 year starter who quietly became one of the best in school history.

CB Jamar Summers: A few picks shy of being the best corner in school history. 4 year starter who lived on his own island.

LB Junior Joseph: Never flashy or spectacular, but racked up awards last year and sacrificed his stats for a greater leadership role this year. A rock in the middle of the defense.

LB/DE Quintin Harrell: Jack of all trades despite being close to 300 pounds. JUCO transfer could really lay a hit.

WR Thomas Lucas: The #3 hitter in our baseball lineup, Lucas was only good for the long ball. But he was still one of the most effective wideouts in school history.

G Trey Rutherford: While I still don't know 4/5 of my linemen's names 4 years in to this dynasty, Rutherford makes me feel like he's been here forever. 'Cuz he kind of has.

TE Tommy Myers: Another guy who's been around forever. Holdover from the last of the Pasqualoni era (yuck), he was consistent as a receiver and held off a host of challengers earlier in his career.

T Tommy Hopkins: To be honest, I completely forgot he was starting for us for a while. But was our best tackle this season, and taught a lot to our younger linemen, who will take over for him next season.

DE Cole Ormsby: Extenuating circumstances prevented him from ever winning a starting job, but the dude could get to the QB.

CB Javon Hadley: Started alongside Summers and that messed with his numbers a bit, but was still really good for us for most of his run.

WR Damon Mitchell: Arkansas transfer was a 2 year starter, and our slot man both years. We won't find a much bigger slot man than him.

DE Folorunso Fatukasi: Never quite caught up to anyone who was a starter talent wise, but was a serviceable backup, and a great mentor to younger players. His presence will without a doubt be missed.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 07-09-2017 at 10:17 AM.