View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 02:49 PM   #564
thesportsguru11
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14)

Oregon downs UCLA to mix up playoff race, Florida routs Ole Miss

Conference Champ. Games

AAC: #1 UConn (13-0) def. Tulane (9-4) 45-27
C-USA: #8 Marshall (11-2) def. #23 Rice (9-4) 55-34
SEC: #4 Florida (11-1) def. #10 Ole Miss (9-4) 52-21
MWC: San Diego State (11-2) def. Boise St. (10-3) 20-3
Pac-12: #9 Oregon (11-2) def. #2 UCLA (11-2) 41-38 (OT)
ACC: #13 Virginia Tech (11-2) def. Boston College (7-6)
B1G: #18 Michigan St. (10-3) def. Nebraska (7-6)
MAC: #15 Western Michigan (12-1) def. Kent St. (8-5)

Harris wins Heisman, Marriner a close 2nd

The race for the Heisman has concluded. Not necessarily how we'd hoped, but it is how we expected. Florida's fine senior QB Treon Harris took home the award after throwing for 3162 yards, running for over 900 more and accounting for 48 TD's in total this season. Harris led the Heisman Power Poll most of the season.

UConn tailback Josh Marriner, led by his 209 yard performance against Tulane in the AAC Championship Game, jumped from 4th in the Power Poll to 2nd in the final voting, falling short by 255 points. The Huskies' senior tailback has rushed for over 1800 yards this season and has a chance to break Donald Brown's career rushing record (with 249 yards in the upcoming playoffs, he can do that.)

UCLA's senior QB Asiantii Woulard finished 3rd, TCU tailback Shaun Nixon finished 4th.

Oregon QB Morgan Mahalak, who was not invited to the Heisman ceremony, finished 5th. Auburn RB Roc Thomas finished 6th, Wyoming's Nico Evans placed 7th.

---------------------------------------------------

Diaco, Huskies take home some more hardware

While Josh Marriner didn't win the Heisman, he did take home the Doak Walker Award, given to the nation's top running back. This is the first time a Husky has won the Walker Award.

Senior DE Cam Stapleton had the biggest haul as he won the Nagurski Trophy and Lombardi Award, given to the nation's top defender (Nagurski) and interior lineman (Lombardi).

Junior tailback Arkeel Newsome won his third straight Return man of the year award, meaning that UConn has won their 4th straight award (Newsome 3 times, Deshon Foxx in 2014).

Finally, Coach Bob Diaco won the Coach of the Year award unanimously, as voted upon by AP. Diaco becomes the first Husky coach to win the Award.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundingThird
I always love a snowy Rent. I just scored tickets to the Navy game IRL this September with the student/family discount. Won't be snowing then, I hope. But, wow! Nice job! I've been waiting for this day to happen forever!
I love snow at any football game. I've played some great snow games in NCAA 14 (I got at least one a year in an online dynasty I did with Old Dominion before it got corrupted), and got some good snow games with my Kentucky dynasty.

Also, one of my fondest NFL memories was when the Pats crushed the Titans in the snow, in, I believe 2009. They won that game something like 56-7 while wearing the retro all red unis...was a great day.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 07-09-2017 at 10:48 AM.