View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 04:53 PM   #2
Pratt75
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Smarter AI? (Madden 360)

I have seen my db's do some really perplexing things at times. Sometimes they just don't react to the ball at all or they run away from the receiver when the ball is thrown to him. I have also seen a db just run in a circle while the ball is thrown to the receiver he is guarding. I find myself watching the replay saying wtf is he doing. It can be really, really frustrating at times. I am also playing on all madden level where almost every game is really close so when these things happen it really makes me want to break the controller when I watch the replay.

One other thing I have noticed that puzzles me is the performance of some cpu quarterbacks. I have played the Bears twice and Rex Grossman played like Joe Montana both times completing almost every pass thrown regardless of the coverage. The topper was when I played the Vikings in year 2 of my franchise. Dante Culpepper was hurt and Sage Rosenfels from the Dolphins was there backup. He tore my defense a new one throwing the ball around like Peyton Manning on his best day. He also completed almost every pass he threw and this quite frankly just should not happen. A career backup should not come in and play like Peyton Manning.

For the most part I enjoy the game but some things in the game really get be a little po'ed.