Old 07-13-2015, 12:08 AM   #1
trekfan
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Raptors Rising: A Toronto Raptors Alternate History

System/Game: PC/NBA 2K14
Mod: UBR
Rosters: UBR Historical Roster (with a few edits by myself, here and there)
Sliders: Custom
Quarter Length: 12 Minutes
Sim Quarter Length: 12 Minutes
Draft Class: UBR
Season Length: 82 Games
Playoff Format: 7-7-7-7
Injuries: Off (will be randomly chosen as the sim engine makes them far too frequent)
Progressive Fatigue: On
Player Roles: Off
Team Chemistry: On
CPU Trades: Off
Trade Override: Off
Control: 30 Teams

Well, here we are once again. As some of you may be familiar with, I recently put together Saving Seattle: A SuperSonics Dynasty which explored the NBA if Seattle had managed to find success and not move. I loved the alternate history angle and the characters within, but the storyline went off the rails (my fault) and I became frustrated with the franchise. Things just were too easy, too fast, and too dramatic -- I wasn't having fun.

I decided to do another alternate history franchise but this time I wanted to look at a recent event -- the 2010 Free Agency madness which led to LeBron, Wade, and Bosh forming the Miami Superfriends (among other things).

The question is ... what if the Miami Heat hadn't gotten all three?

And ... How would the NBA have changed?

Now, this isn't JUST about that. Oh no. I wanted to tell this story from one viewpoint (making that a first for me) -- a story that one person tells to another, an oral history of sorts that shows just how this strange universe unfolded. This is as much a story about a character as it is about a league and a somewhat forgotten franchise.

So, follow along with me down this rabbit hole as we explore an NBA where the Big Three of the Heat didn't unite, where the league itself played out in a whole host of other ways, and where the Toronto Raptors become a terror to the basketball world...

Advertisements - Register to remove