Old 07-13-2015, 12:46 PM   #21
actionhank
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 16 Q&A Update - Gameplay Videos Coming This Month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
Honestly, NHL 16 is going to be a pretty good hockey game, may be the best in a few years.

Just because people have a few mis-givings doesn't make it a bad game.

The biggest one is the difference between players in NHL 15 next gen. Hopefully that's a bit more obvious, so Crosby feels better than Daniel Sedin. Lower rating players do feel different at different skills such as puck handling, checking, passing, and shooting right now, but the main frustrations in NHL 15 were speed differences and dekeing being way to similar.
I know that in NHL14, there wasn't really much difference between guys like Crosby and someone like Reaves, aside from Crosby maybe having a slightly better chance at my getting him to score a goal, and Reaves being able to run over damn near everything in sight.

My biggest frustration is that they handicapped what little ability we had to affect it. Unless the sliders have suddenly started working well, we'll be stuck having to manually edit our own rosters entirely. The Revamped Rosters did a fair bit to counter the attributes all being so close in the stock game, and between that and sliders it was possible to get some pretty nice gameplay. That said, without the ability to even work around and share rosters, it's going to be pretty rough for people if the sliders don't work again.

I just wish EA could embrace letting the end user control their fate to a greater degree. Stop worrying so much about what will or won't work with some temperamental kids online, and let me actually make my game play the way I want for a change.
Advertisements - Register to remove