Old 07-16-2015, 02:04 AM   #74
canucksss
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 16: Official Gameplay Balance Video, Trailer and Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
Honestly, I get the feeling it's more of an issue with the direction EA wants to take the series, not so much the development team. At the end of the day, they're given their directives, and they have to meet those. They may want to make all of the things work that we do, but without the approval and funding from up high, they likely won't get the time to do so.

HUT is making EA a killing, and it doesn't seem to be a surprise that that's where 80% of their focus seems to turn. Online balance and play has become a huge factor, because HUT has to work for them. Instead of getting 60 for an offline gamer, they get 60+ for HUT games, and money talks.

I just wish a different company would take a crack at an NHL game. Someone with The Show's dedication to gameplay and realism would be great, and there's honestly never been a better time to try and split the market.
I believe the same thing, EA is doing great if they are heading to that direction. Unfortunately, I am more of an offline game (mainly BaGM). I love to play NHL game, but to pay for the full price of $60 with lack luster offline gameplay and team/player differentiation is insane. I would rather play the Eastside Hockey. Yea technically I am not the one skating and shooting the puck, but its management galore. Honestly, if EA does not want to improve in the mode I want, I'll just bring my money elsewhere.

I hope another team comes along and focus on the offline gaming and the mode I do care about before I hung up my skates (too old to play video games ).