View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 02:51 PM   #47
Armor and Sword
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Quest For Donny Baseball MLB The Show 1987 Franchise

Astros and Pitcher Mike Scott End Yankees Season With 3-0 Wildcard Win

Mike Scott Mobbed by his teammates after tossing 8 shutout innings vs the Yankees

October 1987 - The New York Yankees came into their win or go home Wild Card game with high hopes. Manager Lou Pinella went with his gut and started Rick Rhoden over Ron Guidry. "Rick has been tremendous this season (13-3) and has been our horse". Things started off with a bang as Ricky Henderson doubled in his first AB. But what became a recurring theme on this evening, he was stranded at 2nd base. The game remained scoreless until Rhoden made a mistake pitch, hanging a slider out over the plate where C Alan Ashby promptly deposited into the LF seats.

1-0 Astros

In the meantime despite the Yankees working Scott into constant deep counts, they could not push across runs. Scott would end up throwing 115 pitches and would be removed in the bottom of the 9th after allowing the first two batters to reach. But Dave Smith would shut the door. And preserve the win for Scott.

3-0 was the final. A 96 win season for the Yankees in year one with nothing to show for it.

The Astros will move on to face the mighty Boston Red Sox, while the KC Royals will face the Seattle Mariners.

In the NL The Mets will face the 107 win Giants after defeating the Padres in the wild card game. The Pirates will face the Expos.

I will play the post season and will broadcast various match-ups and series on my twitch channel. So be on the look out for that.

Upon the conclusion of the post season we will go into the off-season where the Yankees have many contract decisions to make. I will give an off-season update with full reports on the Yankees roster, who is leaving, who is coming as well as key free agent movement around the league.

Then we will start year 2 and begin spring training ASAP!!! I will again play every game for the Yankees and this franchise will live on in MLB 16 next year as well!!! Thanks for reading and I hope your enjoying:

The Quest For Donny Baseball

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 07-20-2015 at 11:32 AM.