View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 08:48 AM   #122
GR5Noles
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Could NBA 2K16 be Implementing College Hoops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Just want to point out that it is 11 teams confirmed through those CLC listings. I wouldn't expect 2K or any company for that matter that was going through the process of doing this to include an uneven number of teams though. Just seems like it would make sense to go with an even number. So with Davidson being on Steph's cover, seems they would be the 12th team to even those numbers out. Taking a closer look at the Anthony Davis cover now, seems like Kentucky is indeed a no go for the game.

Spoiler

Photo of Anthony Davis cutting down the net after the Kentucky National Championship victory. Notice the "2012 NCAA Men's" wording just above the "National Champions" wording. Now notice the University of Kentucky logo just above that.

Spoiler

Now observe the same spots on the shirt. Missing a few things right? Would line up with the missing North Carolina stuff on the MJ cover and the lack of licensing on CLC too. Thanks for the high-res image Steve!!

EDIT: Just caught the missing NCAA Basketball wording on the ladder in the 2K cover as well. Pictures really are worth a thousand words.

I'm still going to hold out hope on Kentucky. CLC does not represent Kentucky, so that explains why they aren't on that initial list. Since there are 11-12 teams, I'd place my money on there being a few more to get to an even 16. I don't think 2K would go through the process of obtaining licenses, implementing an elite 8 in MyCareer, and leaving 3-4 teams out given the season. The fact that they already have more than 8 leads me to believe they'll go for 16, probably teams that aren't represented by CLC (Kentucky, Ohio State, Davidson, Notre Dame, Michigan State, Indiana just to name some.)

If 2K had yet to obtain the license from UK when they released the covers months ago, that would explain why the logo was removed from Anthony Davis' picture.

Last edited by GR5Noles; 07-22-2015 at 08:54 AM.