Old 07-22-2015, 02:14 PM   #19
LuGer33
EA Game Changer

LuGer33's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NHL 16 EASHL Beta Opens Next Week For NHL 15 Xbox One & PlayStation 4 Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
The polygon article is spot on. So many nights me and 5 buddies would keep playing because someone on our team needed one more goal, or one more win etc to level up. That is gone now. I'm worried that between this beta and my ea access period I will realize the replay factor is just not there anymore. Sucks they couldn't find another solution to keep the people who can't play as much happy because I don't see how this solution is going to keep the community really active. Seems like they are catering to the wrong side but time will tell.

And I just saw we can't even make our own team jerseys anymore. Ugh.
I'm not trying to sound like a you-know-what here or anything, but is the RPG / progression element really more important to you than good gameplay?

You aren't alone in thinking this, but I just don't see it. I would take solid, balanced gameplay that depends on the skill of the players and how much they know about hockey over the progression carrot every single time. I like the satisfaction of knowing that I won or lost on the merits, not because the other side had cards or boost packs or abilities that did not match my own.