View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 10:22 AM   #890
mkharsh33
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

I know you guys who follow this will laugh - but I did one more update to the page 1 / post 1 set. This latest set has given me some of the greatest games I've ever played. I see some animations that I haven't seen. It's a blend of quickness, athleticism, and simulation. Double-check your numbers.

One thing: you'll NEVER win a jump-ball with this set. It had to be done. In order to bring out the cpu's shot-blocking and offensive rebounding ability I had to go this route. This set came together after around 25 more test games - breaking down plays and bringing together a culmination of everything from stats to animations. I saw a cut from a cpu player that I had never seen before, where he rubbed off a big man and floated to the paint. He then put up a FLOATER shot that has been lacking. my defender fell down after getting hit by the pick. Now, note that strength is kinda low in this set, but the strength now seems perfect.

I've seen that the one thing the strength slider has done is provide a "suction" of the players boxing out - therefore, canceling out verticals on offensive rebounds. But it took playing with a number of combinations to get this right. You'll now see the really good PG's attack the rim.

I've lost a few with this set. I've had some close wins. A couple 15-20 point wins. I blew some leads. And last night the game I played I saw the cpu trail by 8. then lead by 4 after the first period. I then took a lead by 6. saw the cpu jumb back ahead by 7. But I ended up winning by 9. And it was grueling. I had to play smart.

If you're still playing this game, know that I tested these with multiple roster files - so I use this set universally for all of my classic roster files. Hope you have as much fun with them as I have.