Old 07-28-2015, 02:57 PM   #12
ThaLiveKing
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 16: New EASHL Video Featuring Gameplay Footage and Fan Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Yeah, and this is essentially what EA is using the Gamechanger program for. Marketing.

They picked the biggest voices that appealed to the largest audiences online. If they can wine and dine those guys then half their PR work is done for them.

I am not saying that the game won't be improved, but look at how awful it was that it has to be compared to. I have yet to hear any of the Gamechangers speak an ill word over any of what they saw. At a certain point you become afraid to bite the hand that feeds so you don't get those perks pulled from you. And even if that is not the case, they often are just overwhelmed with the entire experience and can't see the whole picture now.

The stuff that we ask that has not been fixed is "they know about it and are hopeful to address it down the line". Great, but how long have we heard that for?

I am happy that the program exists and that we are getting our feedback heard. It is a good thing. But we must also remember what all comes with this program. And marketing is very much a part of that. So we have to take things with a grain of salt and we won't really know what we are getting until we have our hands on it for a while. Which is what EA wants, apparently. Cause, once again, they have released nearly no media of their game in action. All we have to go off of is the Gamechangers (which haven't really been available around here much) and the Q&A's (which have left a lot to be desired).

This beta and the early access should hopefully let us really know what is different about this game. I applaud them for allowing us to play those, at least.
There's a game changer who did an extensive interview talking about the game on what he saw, he talked about things he like and disliked based on what he saw. But those guys aren't going to bash the game, they're not brought in for that.