Old 07-29-2015, 10:23 AM   #65
csamuelsvt
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Commentary Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfarrow
Honestly, while I agree that the commentary needs more lines and that would help, I think the thing we all really want is for the commentary to be 'smarter'.

I want to see stuff like this:

-At the beginning of the season, have Matt & Co. talk about what moves a team made in the offseason if there were any big ones. These are hard-coded into the game for some teams, but what I really want to see is stuff that will change from season to season as we play!

-In game 1 of a series in franchise, talk about the roster of the opposing team. Tell me who is hurt, tell me who is playing in their place. Tell me if they made a trade or signed a free agent recently. Tell me who has been performing really well for them, tell me who has been struggling. There should be at least 5-10 variations of each of these so that it doesn't get immediately old.

-Near the all-star break, talk about all-stars on each team.

-At the trade deadline, talk about positions that my team or another team might trade for.

-After the deadline passes, tell me if a team made any moves.

-At the end of the season talk about the pennant race, divisional races, etc

-When players come back from injury, tell me about it.

Give us a lot of variations of these and it will make the commentary feel 'alive' and not scripted. All of these things are possible, as the radio show can 'smartly' talk about them. Transactions can be discussed as the game can draw the info from the transaction log. We have a league update screen whose info can be drawn from. There's lots of info out there. Use it in the commentary!

Your post is very good and I agree, but its time for new guys. Its so monotonous with these guys and dull. The commentary is really not that good to be honest...if we could ever get 2K level of commentary with this gameplay, the game would be perfect, but it is time for a change. I've heard the same guy since i started playing this game back in 07 I believe for the PS2. What other game can you say that about?
Advertisements - Register to remove