Old 07-29-2015, 08:33 PM   #352
D81SKINS
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: schnaidt1's Madden 15 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
What makes the QBs go deep? I do think IG plays a part in it, but it is also about the coverage. If guys are covered too well, they get all dinky-dunky on you. There is really a balancing act here. I strongly suspect your high threshold is playing a major role here - guys are likely too tightly bunched and the CPU is reading that primary targets are too well covered.

I would run an experiment and drop threshold using the exact set you are testing - I personally find that 19 is an almost perfect separation but I also think that 40 works well too. Yes, it is likely to throw other things off, but I think the threshold could be your issue.
Lower pass cvr and adjusted qb traits. Cpu is so conservative by default and tight coverage really does lead to dink and dunks and more coverage sacks when they do look for the deep pass.

Just think about when most of the sacks come,
2nd and 3rd and longs
End of half, when the tend to call all streaks.

Test one thing at a time, that way you know what changed the qb play.
Maybe start w/ pass d sliders and maybe test a few games with edited qb traits.
By default M15 has improved pass d coverage, which is the cause of more sacks, and seeing how inept the cpu qb AI is. EA thinks they are balancing the game by making the qbs throw more accurate and always throwing to the 1st player that's open.
Soon as we adjust and start covering the underneath, then the sack fest starts.
It's really been an issue with Madden for years now and it's only been worse since they improved the AI coverage.