View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 08:07 PM   #679
thesportsguru11
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14)

Rivero to get first career start at Boise

Believe me, this is so far off from a modern-day Rudy. Please.

Former preferred walk-on Jarrett Rivero, a 4th year junior, has been tabbed to start his first career game at Boise St. while starter David Hamilton presumably recovers from his hangover.

Hamilton was obviously suspended for the first half of #19 UConn's opener at Boise State for showing up to a meeting in February late and drunk, violating team policy, leaving the other three QB's on the roster to vie for the top backup spot.

Rivero was in a battle with true freshman Tanner Dean-Lowry for the top backup spot, however Diaco declared the race a draw, signaling an "OR" between the two on the preseason depth chart. While TDL was presumed the leader in that race, Diaco must have thought it best not to throw a true freshman into the fire in such a hostile, pressure-packed situation. One has to assume TDL is indeed the top backup and would've started if he weren't a true freshman.

While D-Ham will be eligible to return in the second half, coach Diaco may have other plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Diaco
I will evaluate the QB situation at half and make the decision to keep Jarrett, bring in Tanner [freshman Dean-Lowry] or bring in Dave. It all depends on Jarrett's performance. He has my full confidence.
This is far from over. For sure.

But don't declare Rivero a modern-day Rudy. It's not even close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psorbs1998
Being a UConn fan myself, I'm astounded that you took them to the top pretty rapidly! Following and catching up right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by DippinThots_
Best layout for a dynasty on OS in my opinion, following since the start but came outta the woodwork and made an account
Thanks very much fellas, 'preciate you posting!

psorbs, with the talent we had in 2017, I don't find it hard to believe. Marriner played next level, the defense was out of their minds in the CFP, and Shirreffs did just enough at QB. It will be another year or two before we could win big again though, we just have too many new starters now.

DippinThots__, glad to hear the praise. I'm enjoying the success I'm having here and my suddenly large legion of followers. Thanks again, and keep enjoying!

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 07-09-2017 at 12:28 PM.