View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 08:51 PM   #41
SyncereBlackout
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 16 CFM - Top 10 Things You Need To Know About Scouting (Shopmaster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Setting up to be my least favorite and worst scouting system (IMO) ever in Madden. Still have to try it but I already know I hate the idea of true draft value. I don't think anything like that should ever be included in the scouting process and should only be known after the player is drafted if at all. I don't like that when you scout a player you always get his highest attribute first. It basically turns scouting into color by numbers because if a guy pops out a C+ first attribute why would you scout anything else? I think they should have made the order random so there was actually a gamble when it came to moving forward with scouting. Losing points is stupid no matter how you twist it. Forcing anything is a bad idea and if there isn't an option to scout when you want then that is really, really bad. I don't know why you would ever make that decision. Have to wait and see how combine numbers are handled as well but that's about the only thing I like about the scouting as of now.

I may continue to scout a player whose highest rating is C+ if it was for AWR. The scouting system also doesn't seem to say a word about traits which we know are important in other aspects of the game. So that C rating could be bootstrapped to Superstar traits etc.

Maybe we should think of true draft value the same way we thought of the player comparisons of the past. In coach 09 when my cb was likened to Ty law I'm not even sure what that translates to (in hindsight) since I have a personal opinion of him. Similarly a true value of round 2 pick 5. Or 2nd round means what?

That's where he should be picked?
He is as good as players typically picked there?
Or some other vague meaning EA won't translate no different than projected pick from M15?

Think of this as well. Since we can no longer stockpile until the draft. I have to decide who to let walk before FA and before I may have resigned them. This changes the dynamic of free agency and if you splash in FA or cannot sign a specific player, this completely changes your draft board.

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Advertisements - Register to remove