View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 12:42 PM   #1
Knight165
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Turn Back the Clock:1965

So it begins!
1965.....the only thing good in Shea Stadium that year was the Beatles.
The Sound of Music was tops .....
The mini-skirt was introduced....
I was born(coincidence?)
The novel The Man With the Golden Gun was released....
The Twins in the World Series...but lose to the Dodgers in 7

This will be my most ambitious roster project to date......and I think will be the norm for all my future historical roster projects from here on in.
For one reason....stats and service time.
I am going to try and include stats and service time for most players(if not all)...so no more "1st Major League hit/K/HR" ....unless it is.
No more rookie status.....
That means you will get milestones as well.
There is no way(well....nearly no way and no way I'll go that far!) to get it perfect.
I haven't worried about stat lines since the HH days and the ability to edit players on the PC.

This is happening in 3 steps.
Step 1 is gathering the info. I will be done with that tonight...I have the service time(years...not games).....games played.....BA...HR....and other major stats that might be imortant(K's.....Wins....ERA etc for pitchers) for all the players.
Step 2 is editing a few CAP's(you'll get the right helmets this time! ) to import into a base set and sim....I will sim and save at 4 points each season 15 seasons(maybe more for certain players) in order to have players to export and import in with the proper numbers(for as close as I can get for at least certain items)
Step 3 is the actual editing....

I will keep you guys updated on progress and any suggestions please let me know.

In the meantime...I hope you're enjoying the 1975 set!

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove