View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 12:23 PM   #13
scottyp180
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci
I'm glad people find EA Access worth it and enjoy its benefits. But for me? No way.

EA Access launched Aug 11, 2014. For a yearly subscription of $30 (which would be the smart move) you get exclusive rights to 8 games. Mainly, EA sports lineup. Since then, 6 additional games have been added to the vault. Glancing at the list now, Dragon Age Inquisition would be most likely a good get since I've never had it. All the other games in the vault are just not worth it especially with the new sports lineup coming up now for football, soccer, hockey, and basketball. But guess what? It's that time again for that $30 renewal fee. EA smartly started this campaign at the best time for gamers to fork over money just when all their new sports games are about to hit the market. And Dragon Inquisition for $30 as a get now? Again, no thank you.

EA giving gamers a choice? They didn't release a FIFA World Cup version for next generation because they felt it wasn't worth it. They've taken CPU vs CPU control out of Madden because? They've taken player editing out of NBA Live because?

Now I will give credit when credit is due. Madden was a pleasant surprise last year and I'm excited for it this year. Disappointed with latest news on Live but seeing progress. They gave PS3 gamers a huge sale for games such as Mass Effect Trilogy for $4.99 which was a sensational price.

Still, next year in August when you're ready fork over $30 for renewel. Lets hope that besides the EA sports games, Star Wars, Need For Speed, Battlefield, and Mirrors Edge all be included too.
I do agree with most of what you said except that the 15 sports lineup was added months ago. I think Madden 15 was added to the vault in either January or February (I remember being either during the playoffs or close to the superbowl). So at this point in the year the sports lineup is kind of dated but when they were actually added to the vault the 16 sports titles we're months away from release.

This is also a tremendous deal for people that don't buy sports titles yearly, especially new comers that don't want to spend $60 for 1 game. $30 and you get to play the entire 15 EA Sports lineup plus other quality titles (which if you bought individually would still run you at least $15 the cheapest).

To me however the main issue is choice. To you EA Access isn't worth it, that's fine. And I don't mean to preach you on why it is a great value. But the fact that Sony took the choice out of the hands of it's customers is poor business practice.