View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 08:24 PM   #771
thesportsguru11
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14)

Diaco gets $10K fine from Big 12

UConn coach Bob Diaco has received a $10,000 fine from the Big 12 for his comments about West Virginia head coach Bill Legg's decision to not take out his starters until much later in the teams' game last Saturday night.

Diaco will not be facing a suspension at this time, according to a Big 12 spokesman. However, if he is penalized again, steeper punishments may be in place, including a minimum one-game suspension.

Diaco has not yet issued an apology to coach Legg, nor did he make a statement about the fine. However, A.D. Warde Manuel had this to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warde Manuel
We will accept Coach Diaco's penalties and work to prevent this from happening again.
UConn faces Kansas at The Property this Saturday at 1 eastern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARLEE23
They need to lay off Diaco!

Good win by my team though, need a few more wins to become bowl eligible!
It's quickly turning into one of those years where nothing goes right. Start with the Alabama/NFL rumors popping up after the Natty last year, the violations and investigation Week 4, D-Ham's injury in Week 5, now this.

Here's hoping it gets better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor3_2009
Looks like Diaco was ticked! Seems he might have had a reason too though. Hopefully the conference just gives him a slap on the wrist, and he won't have to miss any games.

He definitely did, I was quite unhappy with West Virginia myself, but I realize that I took out the starters a bit early too. It's really a toss-up.

While it's a slap for now, looks like Diaco can accept it and move on without further issue. Hopefully.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 07-09-2017 at 01:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove