Old 08-25-2015, 12:06 AM   #6
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Want to go to Live so much...though no Classic Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philstat
No, more so, just the time needed to invest to get good stats. I still play other games, X-COM, COD, PC strategy games, etc., it's more just the time needed to get fully immersed into the game. Like I would love to get Madden for example, though no way I could juggle the necessary time to play it and a basketball game. IMO, sports games are very time consuming, mostly requiring a good 45-60 minutes for each game play session.
I hear you loud and clear, my man. Not just other games, but life in general really cuts into gaming time and like you said, with sports titles to get a good experience, typically takes around an hour (sometimes up to 2 hours for a game like MLB The Show) to play. It becomes harder to play multiple sports games, let alone multiple basketball games. It is the nature of the beast, but if you like a game enough, you'll find time to play it and I feel like the games today have a bit longer of a shelf life in that you don't need to buy sports titles every year, so if you spread your time with a certain game out to 2-3 years, it's a more robust experience.

I think there is room for both in your library if you are a big hoops fan. Not sure I'd pay more than $30 for Live, but you can have fun with the game and it can be a nice change of pace from 2K. With Live, I don't get as caught up in realistic stats and play just to have fun.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)