View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 01:49 AM   #242
dubcity

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: PES 2016 Demo Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4

Finally got a chance to check this out on Xbox 360. The movement and overall gameplay definitely feels smoother and more pleasing to the eye than last year. It's faster and feels more free, which I actually dig.

The CPU is way more aggressive and fun to play against. In 2015 it was pretty dull and unsatisfying playing the CPU, whether winning or losing. They would just plod around the midfield and lose possession pretty easily. Now they feel more direct and deadly, which is more challenging.

Graphics look a few notches better, particularly during day matches. The colors during night matches still look pretty bad, but oh well. The players overall look better. Neymar looks incredible, even on last-gen. Saw a new cut scene where the ref insists a player being subbed off not time-waste and leave the pitch quicker while his team was leading late. Pretty nice touch.

Don't really have a huge issue with fouls, now that I've played this. The CPU does seem slide tackle happy, which is alright when they actually get the ball. I've had them take out my legs a few times and get booked, so there's that. But yeah, we shouldn't be able to slide tackle the CPU from behind with malice and have the ref play advantage, and then never book us, but oh well.

Overall, not sure I feel like I need to put down $50 for this, but we'll see. Probably will wait for the first price drop. It's fun as hell tho.