View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 09:12 PM   #5
Sm27
Rookie

Sm27's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: My eyes are opened...The real way to play "no switch".....(hint, PLAYER LOCK feat

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish9-5
I love the player lock concept on defense, but do not like the camera angle. I wish you could player lock and stay on standard. I really try not to switch on defense but get button happy at times. My son laughs at me the way I press buttons. Get em down by any means necessary as long as your head is up. Enjoyed reading op and gonna give the offense lock a try while waiting for patch. Thanks again.
Thanks for reading!
It ended up being a lot longer post than I had planned, but once I got going.....

The Camera angle on Defense is something I really enjoy because it is completely fluid. It is just sooo silky smooth.

It can be unnerving when a guy get's past you though...Not just for the reason that you just got beat, but the fact that you just got owned is further emphasized because the camera swings around to follow the ball carrier as you are reading the his name plate on his back.

The defensive camera angle / position player I am having the most fun with right now is playing either the RCB or the LCB. Before the ball is snapped the camera is on the sideline with your CB in between the camera and the ball, allowing you to peak into the backfield and watch for PA, Run, or Pass. I swear to god I am absolutely the WORST at biting hard on PA. That is usually how the CPU burns me. You are far enough away that the QB making the run fake really get's you to bite...At that point I am now beat and the ball is suddenly in the air on it's way to the DB I WAS covering but is now running free down the sideline. I literally hear the words "oh ****" come out of my mouth when it is clear that he is now throwing it to the WR I was covering as I get on my horse to hopelessly try to catch him.

The other really cool thing is when you are covering the WR and because of your brilliant blanket coverage, you see the QB start to run for his life as your defense sacks him.

On Offense is where it really shines though. Play a few series of downs as a blocker or a receiver. Try to run the intended route and catch the ball. Or set that key block that releases your RB. Nothing more satisfying than blocking down on a DL or LB as your RB runs by you and out of the shot. You have no idea exactly how far he got downfield or if he got stuffed until you hear the crowd erupt and you watch the replay and look at the down and distance on the scoreboard bug on the screen.
Advertisements - Register to remove