View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 03:54 PM   #395
itbeme23
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MADDEN 16 Realistic Slider Set (ALL-PRO)

While waiting for the FBG project to start up next week, I decided to plug these in last night.

In my opinion, All-Pro is the difficulty level which provides the most balanced gameplay, which is why I decided to give these a shot. Full disclosure, I didn't use "Coach Mode", game speed was set to "Slow" with a threshold of 25 (from my own previous set), I used my own fatigue and Auto-Sub settings (I am absolutely OCD about this), and I used the set that was posted on in the OP of the thread (not from post #372).

Here is some feedback:

Pros:

- User running game is definitely a challenge. The running lanes are definitely there, but they close quickly. You need to be able to identify cutback opportunities pretty quickly, or else you will get stopped for minimal or no gains. In the games that I played (all against the Raiders), I averaged anywhere between 3 - 4.5 YPC. The longest run I had was probably about 18 yards. I really enjoyed the feel of the User running game.

- Passing, I'm a little on the fence about, but I think there were more things that I liked about it than things I didn't, so that's why I'm considering it a Pro. Passing is definitely difficult with current settings. I played 3 games against the Raiders. The first two games, I stopped at the half because I was getting blown out, mostly because I couldn't figure out how to pass. So, I went into Practice mode to get a better feel for the sliders. By the third game that I played against Oakland, I ended up having a pretty damn good game. Way better than I thought I would. I passed for about 250 with 4 TDs and no interceptions, with a 62% completion percentage. In my gut, I feel like those numbers are a bit inflated for Kaepernick, but more testing will be needed to confirm that. The results of the final game I played is a stark contrast to the first two. I think I threw at least 4-5 interceptions in the first two games that I played, and my completion percentage was <50%. Like iiamcb said, if you are going to use these without CM, then you have to be comfortable with the new throwing mechanics (bullet pass, lob pass, high/low pass), and more importantly, when to use them. QB Accuracy being set this low doesn't leave that much room for error.

- Penalties were solid. I had been messing around with them a bit over the weekend, and hadn't been satisfied with the results. Your numbers were a lot closer to what I was leaning toward. I saw a good mix of penalties, and I was super jazzed about seeing a DPI call (even though it was on me) made at huge moment in the 4th quarter. The encouraging thing about the penalties sliders is it seems that you don't have to overly adjust them to get the desired affect.

- Really digging the fact that I saw fumbles occur with the slider at 46. I went for it on 4th down in the second half, scrambled with Kaep to get the first down, only to have the ball stripped because I didn't slide in time. Really cool to see that (even though I was pissed about it at the time). Like the penalty sliders, it doesn't seem like Fumbles will need to be adjusted too much in order to get the desired results.

- Interceptions definitely needed to be toned down from default. I had settled on 45 for the CPU in my own set, and I think this is a good spot. The CPU will definitely get their picks, because User QB accuracy is toned down, so there's less room for error. However, it's not nearly as overpowered as at default.

Cons: (Keep in mind, these are subjective, and were all corrected with subtle slider adjustments of my own.)

- CPU run game was completely overpowered, in my opinion with Run Blocking at 64. I was getting gashed for 10+ yard runs consistently by Latavius Murray. In my first game, he had over 100 yards rushing by the end of the 1st quarter (partly why I quit the game). I definitely felt that the CPU rushing game needed a bit of a boost from default, but 65 was just too much, in my opinion. I think I ended up at 55 by the end of the third game. Even with that, Murray averaged north of 4 YPC, and Helu averaged just under 4 YPC. I think those are more than acceptable ranges for those two players.

- CPU QB accuracy was pretty low. Derek Carr hovered around or below 50% for the entire game. I know he's not an elite QB by any stretch, but he's still pretty solid. Even the scrubs (a la Tim Tebow) average over 50% for the most part, so I think CPU QB accuracy could use a boost, in my opinion.

- User Tackling at 45 is a bit too low. I definitely appreciate big, elite RBs that are able to break tackles, as they bring out really cool-looking animations in the game. However, as a defender, if you take the proper angle and make a good tackle (i.e. conservative tackle in-game), you will bring down the offensive player most of the time. At the very least, you will slow him down enough to allow help from your defensive teammates. This simply did not happen with tackling at 45. Too many times I saw Murray and even guys like Rod Streater breaking 2, 3, or 4 tackles in the same play. I know the Niners lost a bunch of guys on defense, but we still have Bowman, Reid, Dorsey, and Bethea, all of whom are solid tacklers. I ended up raising the tackle slider up to 47 by the end of the night, and I saw some better results (IMO).

- Lots of big plays, both in the running game and the passing game. I'd like to repeat, this feedback is from the set in the OP of the thread. You've made some pretty drastic changes to the pass defense sliders, and I won't comment on those until I actually play with them. Anyway, even though Carr's accuracy was 50% at best, he still ended the game with almost 250 passing yards. His YPA was well over 10. I really feel this has to do with the tackling slider being so low, because his receivers were racking up YAC. Same thing goes for the running game. In my first two games, Murray had runs of over 50 yards in each, inflating the rushing numbers by a large margin. On each of those plays, he broke multiple tackles (unrealistically) to make those runs. I know that my game speed and threshold is different than yours, which could also lead to some big plays. However, my goal with the threshold is to be able to have realistic speed variation between players, which is the same as yours, just on Slow game speed instead of Very Slow. With the adjustments I made to the Run Blocking and Tackling sliders, I think the the big running plays will be toned down a bit. I will have to try your updated passing sliders to see their effect on the game.

Overall, this is a pretty solid set. I ended up winning the third game against the Raiders 28-23. Again, once the adjustments were made, it actually played a really good game of football. I will continue to keep an eye on the big plays and QB accuracy, as these are the only things I'm overly concerned about.

Nice work.
Advertisements - Register to remove