Old 09-03-2015, 05:12 PM   #692
Ankido
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Man this is the most backhanded compliment post I've seen lol. Dude, what exactly is it you don't understand about how the slider community works. These guys (A&S, charter, etc.) work on sliders to make the game play as perfect as possible for THEM. Nobody else. Then they are kind enough to share with us (the one's who don't have time or make time for whatever reason) so we can hopefully enjoy the game as much as they are without going through all the work. That is why they are called.....wait for it......a BASE SET. A&S isn't telling you to follow his house rules. He isn't telling you how to play. All he is doing is letting you know how he plays the game. If you choose to play different and have completely different results well then so be it. So here's a thought, play however you want. Tweak what ever you want.

This is my favorite part. That last paragraph cracks me up. You start off by giving mad props. You really like them. Which is funny because the previous paragraph was a bash fest. But then you tell him how he should design HIS sliders for the games elements and features (but more likely how you want to to play lol) or you could go watch a game instead. Um.....okay? Again funny because I've seen all the new features come out using these sliders. The you give props again, even saying these are the sliders you're rolling with. But then again say that the slider makers are pulling away from what make this game great. Again, um.....okay? Then here comes my favorite line. I hope YOU can design sliders for that. If not, then this game is still broken. It's not broken bro (well other then the progression bug in cfm).

Here's a thought. Make your own sliders and have a grand old time with it. Then post them for others to try out. Then have people play 1 game (and I realize you have said you've played a large sample size so don't get defensive) and tell you that this is wrong and that is wrong. Let people know to play 5-10 games and fell it out because not EVERY football game is gonna play out the same. Variety is realism. Then have people again play 1 game and tell you to change this and that. Let them know it's a BASE set and to adjust to there level. Have people ignore it and still chime in with the same stuff day after day. Finally have penalties in a Madden game but then have people complain that the penalties are called to often/unrealistic/same one to much. Have the best Madden we've had in forever but have people still ****ting on YOUR work, that you've used YOUR free time on, that you were kind enough to SHARE with others so they wouldn't have to put in any effort other the plug in the sliders and play (oh I guess complain as well).

My point in this rant is that constructive stuff helps out. There is not one thing in your post that could help benefit these sliders. It's just you not liking things and wanting them to be fixed for you. I've followed the thread from the start and most posts are solid. But seriously about 20% is just straight nonsense. Same questions over and over/complaining/etc. Then here's A&S doing his best to answer the same questions and help others but come on man. Dude did you a solid by just posting these. You claim you like them. So again, tweak the areas you don't agree with and play. Solved.
I think you're missing the point here. In no way shape or form was I downgrading the sliders. I've been here long enough to know and appreciate how hard they work on sliders. I used to work with Bill Harris. It's not easy working on sliders with broken game mechanics. I like were the sliders are going and he's done a great job on ALL-PRO. As a long time gamer, you should understand how this works. There will always be a part of the game that will break sliders. My point was, why not work with the new features instead of avoiding them with house rules. He's building sliders on HOUSE rules which means if you go against house rules, you will not use the sliders correctly.

They are still my sliders for ALL PRO. I do believe you misread my message. Doesn't seem like you understand Madden mechanics. CPU is not always smart and most of the time they will break your sliders if you don't control the player. Get it? Hence the reason why they added possession catch. This fixes the super quick slide out of bounds that always ended with an incomplete catch. Now you can press A and make the catch without that bug/glitch screwing the game up. That's all.

Hey Armor, this guy is misunderstanding me. Like I said, mad props to you brother. You're doing a good job. Just hope you decide to use the game features with sliders.

BTW, I'm going to play a bad team vs a good team with house rules and post the stats. Then I will play the game again but this time, I will go against the house rules. You will see the huge difference in stats and score.

Last edited by Ankido; 09-03-2015 at 05:15 PM.