View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 10:31 PM   #7
Gatorfan89
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting and Drafting: how's your experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Tom Brady's true draft value was a 6th or 7th round pick and he is the G.O.A.T. Just a friendly reminder. Same thing with RGIII his true draft was a top 2 pick and look at what he was. Also Jamarcus Russell the undisputed #1 rated prospect in that draft and was trash. Scouts screw up all the time with these values. Also seeing how scheme affects overall maybe the WR doesn't your scheme but the QB does. Just some thoughts.
Those are extreme outliers, not the norm. From my experience thus far in my five drafts, the outliers are the norm. It makes my scouting very unreliable. It almost seems like I am being intentionally being mislead. More often than not in the real NFL, early round picks are top players more frequently than late rounders.

Even if your examples above are the attempted goal behind it all, those results were realized after 1-2 years, not the day of the draft. It still would make more sense to have the top 5 bust be a beast early (lets say 82 overall with slow dev) and the 4th rounder be low early (lets say 74 overall with superstar dev). Justin Blackmon may be a bust now but his rookie year in Madden he wasnt 74 overall while some 4th rounder at the same position was 84. It isn't even a little realistic.

Also, the QB was a scrambling QB who did not fit my scheme in the slightest, and the WR was a perfect fit for my scheme.

Last edited by Gatorfan89; 09-07-2015 at 10:33 PM.