View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 11:49 AM   #1
mavfan21
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Tutorial: Setting Up A 32 Team OFFLINE CFM

Please Sticky this mods! People have a lot of questions.

Updated 10/6/15 to reflect post patch changes

Armor & Sword and Booker21 did a lot of the testing on this so I want to give them credit for making sure this worked as a fix to the issues people had in CFM (confidence/robo QB primarily).

Armor & Sword posted in the title update thread:

"It is a one time front end set-up.

Just make sure when you set up every coach on the front end you set player progression to weekly and set all roster/game prep to auto for 31 teams. And coach firing to off

After that you are all set to roll. And you can play any game you want in addition to your own each week....sorta like a "game of the week" showcase for your CFM. It's fun to play with other teams to get a feel. Also if your in a tight playoff race and you have a huge underdog playing your division rival.....take that underdog team and try to upset your rival in front of you to help your play off push!!! So many things you can do to spice up your CFM with 32 team control.

You can make it as deep or as hands off as you want. Just do the front end set up and off you go.

Also....huge thing. Before you start week one pre-season (or regular season if you choose to bypass the pre season on your intial set-up) save it and name it 32TeamMasterFile.

Then if you ever want to start over.....you don't have to go through this process ever again."

Also a tip from Booker21:

"To create a 32 teams control what you have to do is.

Create a franchise and select your team, starting point, league settings and on YOUR TEAM select all CPU SETTINGS OFF and coach firing OFF. This way the AI wonīt touch your team. YOU CAN CHOOSE COACH OR OWNER, but if you choose OWNER be sure to put Coach Firing to OFF

Then you start the franchise, until here, is the same as you ever did. Now what you need to do is

1.-Press R3 and select new character.
2.-You will se the same screen you saw before, your team will have your PSN Nickname and said taken, so you select another team and you will have the same exact screen as you did before, but this time on CPU SETTINGS inside the league settings you set all to ON. This way the AI will take care of this team.
3.-you repeat this same thing for the remaining teams.
4.-Then you go back to your character, and done you donīt have to enter or do anything else for the other teams

Saved as a start so you donīt have to re do all again, if you decided to start a new franchise with other team you can just change settings and character.

Hope this helps"

BE SURE to set CPU teams progression to weekly or every 4 weeks (seems that "end of season" causes CPU to not increase AWR well).

BE SURE to have the "Sign FA's, Fill Roster, etc" set to ON when you start up each new user. Once you start go back and set JUST YOUR TEAM to OFF for signing FA's, fill roster, etc. You may set other teams to 'Autopilot' as well in the USER TEAMS menu after you start a CFM. Autopilot will enable CPU draft day trades and drafting by the CPU. You still need to keep CPU teams set to "ON" for Progress Players or the CPU will not progress players and coaches. Even if you have Autopilot on.

Some answers to common questions:
The CPU will still sign FA's, trade, draft (with Autopilot on), etc. You still have the power to go in and fix what you wish, when you wish. If you want the CPU to do draft day trades you can set the teams to Autopilot before the draft.

It takes 30 minutes max to set this up.

You do not have to do it before every new CFM as long as you save a master file as Armor and Sword recommended, I do the same, it's great!

If you want to use updated rosters, like in Week 10 or whatever, you'll have to do the set up all over again. Whatever rosters are active when you set up your master 32 team save will be the rosters you are stuck with unless you do it over. I personally like using the default week 1 rosters.

If anyone has something to add please let me know but this should be enough to get people started. I have done my 32 team offline CFM's like this for years and I love it. It's a HUGE time saver once you do the 20-30 minute initial set up. It also reduces aggravation as you can fix CPU logic errors when you wish to.

Here is an excellent tutorial by Booker21 on how to select & set up each team:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...6&postcount=37

Here are all of Armor and Swords settings for 32 team control as well as sliders and a lot of great ideas/advice:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...31&postcount=1

Another good walkthrough from itbeme23:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=417

Last edited by mavfan21; 10-08-2015 at 04:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove