View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 08:09 PM   #2
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Owner mode: Scheme changes do not stick!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
If you play on owner mode and decide to switch your teams scheme preference for a certain position the changes do not stick. The moment you leave the coach screen they revert back to normal.

For example, if you decide that you prefer pass rushing DEs instead of the balanced DEs your coach is currently set to you can't change it. It will always revert back to the coaches default settings. This means that in owner mode you can't ever change schemes at a certain position.

I am aware that all this technically changes is how the overall is calculated. In my eyes it is a major issue and annoyance. Let's say you decide to switch to a 4-3 from a 3-4 in the offseason like teams have done before in the past (Cowboys). Well you can't change the way ovr is calculated so when you're trying to find players in FA to fit your new 4-3 scheme all overalls will be reflecting 3-4 DEs instead.

Furthermore matching scheme is (at least supposed to) be a factor that FAs take into account when signing with your team. Meaning in the above example I just gave with switching schemes you will be at a disadvantage in signing players to fit the new scheme you are attempting to move to.

To clarify, this is only for individual position changes (for instance, you can't move QB from West Coast to Pocket Passer). You CAN still change playbooks and overall offensive and defensive scheme (like attacking 3-4 or base 4-3), but those have no effect on the way a players overall is calculated in your scheme preference
Yea I brought this up on here when the game 1st came out, remember last year if you hit back button they wouldnt save you had to hit the button that said save and continue, yea that option is gone lol............I guess this did not address this issue lol