View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 08:41 PM   #53
bcruise
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Default Slider Support Group

Okay, so people were asking what kind of settings I'm using to get the stats I've been showing off in various threads, so I thought I'd list them here because they are, with only a few minor changes, defaults.

I'm going to hold off on discussing CFM-specific stuff for a bit while I figure out how I want to approach the drive goal problem. I could either do 32-team or only control two teams - one being my actual team, and the other being their opponent for each week. There's more info about this in the main madden forum - I don't want to go too deep into it here.

The most important thing about this is to know my play style. I play no-switch, which means I do not switch control of my user player while the ball is in the air on a pass. This allows the WR and DB ratings to come to the front instead of my user skill, and I feel it results in better - looking gameplay and stats both. If you intend to switch players to catch the ball, do not expect results anything close to what I've been getting - while I feel All-Pro plays a very fair game, it's possible to severely un-balance it with really good stick skills (which I don't have...LOL).

And one more thing - you HAVE to give this time and not jump to conclusions after one game. I've seen wildly different results from game to game, especially in the area of QB accuracy. Elite QB's like Brady are going to feel Robo sometimes, but even the real thing threw for almost 80% in real-life week 1. Put a lower rated QB in and you WILL see a difference, with overthrows and sacks. With QB accuracy at 50 I have seen completion %'s anywhere in the range of 50-80%, with the elite QB's having most of the higher ones.

Skill Level: All-Pro
Accelerated Clock: ON
Minimum Play Clock Time: 15
Game Speed: Normal

Sliders - ALL at 50 except:

Injuries: 75 - Still WIP, I tend to see 2-3 injuries a game. Dez Bryant has gotten seriously hurt in week 1 in two different CFM's so that's a bit of a red flag.

Penalties:

Offside: 55
False Start: 55 (considering 60 or 65 after reading this: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...y-sliders.html )

Holding: 50
Defensive Holding: 50 (broken in CFM anyway, but they do happen even on 50)
Face Mask: 50 (it's a big one, I don't want it taking over the game. Still happens at 50)
DPI: 55 (60 is dangerous, you could see 5 or 6 in one game depending on how many shots downfield are taken)
Block in the back: 50 (it's rather uncommon, but still happens)
Roughing the Passer: 50 (have yet to see one on this setting, but that's okay with me because on 55 I regularly see 2 or 3 a game. Maybe there's a sweet spot in-between).

The only thing I think sliders at 50 doesn't cover is the special teams game, and honestly I don't think I'd be able to make that challenging enough on All-Pro. But it's not worth going up to All-Madden and messing up the rest of the game just for that. If there's anything I would want to change the sliders for, it's the kicking game.

That's about it...I'm going to try to stream regularly, at least while I'm still playing around with the settings, and I'll post in the twitch tread when I do.