View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 08:01 AM   #248
Cheese2121

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: A Rising Storm in the North | Cheese's Eastern Michigan Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrd39
Not a lot of shame in losing to a decent WMU team on the road, it's probably the way it happened that has to sting. The penalties negating potential game winning scores and not allowing an offensive TD - frustrating way to lose, especially to a rival and playing with a team that needs every win as bad as you do with EMU.

You going to stick it out with Gillett under center? Maybe see what Benz can do? I know you planned to redshirt Iannotti and he didn't exactly light up the stat sheet last season, but he did get you some wins.
On paper, Western Michigan is close to if not the best team in the conference, with an overall team grade of 81 or so. Like you said though, it was more the manner in which I lost that hurt. To see two go ahead touchdowns called back along with pushing me 30 yards back and out of field goal range was just heart wrenching. Hopefully, we can repay them next year.

As for the quarterback situation, we are going to stick with Gillett down the stretch. I don't want to burn Iannotti's redshirt again (that is more of a "looking towards the future" decision than anything) and Benz really isn't a viable option with his throw accuracy (and power) where it is. We will stick with our senior for now. I am considering overhauling our offensive playbook in the future depending on what our personnel looks like. That is actually something I would like to do each offseason so I may look to add that into the storyline. Thank you for the feedback my friend!

Hope everyone likes the addition of the ESPN montage to the GIF in the weekly update. I got bored with GIMP last night and put it together. I am sure I will continue to tweak. Thank you!

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)