View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 06:01 PM   #43
THESHAMISASHAME
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 16 Available Today For Xbox One & PlayStation 4, Post Your Impressions

Well I couldnt find the game last night anywhere ? No Meijers and two Walmarts so I picked it up today at Target and my car died on the way out

So I got towed back in and it took along time to install because of my crappy slow DSL so I just started Playoff mode and it seems like the few games I played most teams have their goal songs and celebrations not sure about goal horns ?

CPU AI seems much improved and positionally defensively too especially SH or on the PP and dump ins like dump and chase seem more realistic timing wise as Im getting more along the boards tie ups and scrums and your really forced to dump the puck in alot more as the CPU holds the line and the spacing is also well done , great to see .

Another good thing is most players have their real face or at least something fake but close with the proper hair and such so its not Crawford with blue eyes or Darling with blonde hair so thats a start and good enough for me .

Saw some great goalie animations in reaction to the puck changing direction and the goalie changing his animation and then scrambling to recover .

The game graphically is better but not that much from 15 but the physics in the game seem near perfect for me so I hope they dont wreck it again with a update as the skating is also very well done realistic friction .

Hitting seems more realistic and Im not sure if Ill leave on all the cheat screen but its kinda cool with the blue netting graphic on the net when you shot as a guide .

I love the intros of the city and then Doc and Eddie are much improved with a longer smoother pre game intro and Im noticing alot more chicken parm chiming in very nicely and spot on though I did here alot of the same goalie lines during pre game.

So far its everything I hoped for as the gameplay has be subtly tweaked to perfect , just so many little things I cant listen them all BOARD PLAY ! and Penalties are still pretty easy to draw for me so no problem there .
Im still playing on AS near default because once you start tweaking you change alot of what EA programmed into it and youll always be chasing to paint the perfect picture instead of just enjoying what they created

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 09-15-2015 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Many impressions added on