Old 09-18-2015, 09:17 AM   #74
JezFranco
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 16 Penalties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Was just reading a funny rant in another thread and it brang something to my attention. We keep talking about the penalty slider having no effect on the game well what about the players individual Discipline ratings? Unlike penalty slider that's only 1-6 the player Discipline rating can go from 0-100. Well I tried lowering a players discipline to 0 and tested it out. Zip zero nada....no increase in penalties. With a zero rating he should take a penalty every shift. On a side note...how about fighting? You can choose often, sometimes, rarely, or never. Perhaps I grew up with the wrong definition of never because the guys that have "never" under fighting....fight sometimes. I have always felt the last few years that most sliders don't work or do very little. I'm starting to thing player attributes are the same. These sliders and editable attributes are mere eye candy. In fact I think EA has been using pre builds , like they have given us in EASHL, on their rosters for years now and tweaking doesn't do much. Just a thought.
Yup, the discipline rating should really affect how many of those unnecessary penalties a player takes.
And isn't this a problem in general with sliders and attributes in the NHL games.
You have attributes that's on a 0-100 scale, but yet it seems that on zero it's still giving the player a pro attribute not too far after guy that's on 100.
Just like you said, if you set a slap shot attribute to zero on a guy, that fella should hardly be able to hit the puck, nevermind the goal.
Likewise if you set the penalty slider to max, the ref should call penalties every time two players happens to softly nudge each other, or if you set the CPU Penalty sliders to max, the players should just jump over the board every shift doing the best Paul Bunyan impression they can.

I.e with sliders/attributes on max or minimum it should give you "unrealistic" and excessive results... but most sliders in this game at best gives vague differences on ice.

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex