Old 09-18-2015, 09:29 AM   #1544
slayter
Rookie

slayter's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
I love everything about these other than the fact that my passing D is basically useless. Unless the QB makes a bad throw my guys get toasted every time. Doesn't matter if it's a slant, hook, streak, the WR always gets open and it's just a matter of if the QB makes a good throw. I don't even play as a DB I usually take the MLB and either rush or sit in a zone mid field to try and take that away but that doesn't even work.

Any tips/suggestions? I try to mix my play calls between man, zone and blitzes but pretty much no matter what the WRs get wide open. The zone coverage is horrible for Cover 3 type plays, they completely disregard guys near the sideline.

Edit - I'm playing as the Saints. I know their D isn't great but with Browner, Lewis and Byrd I shouldn't be getting destroyed this bad. Jamies just dropped 390 yds on my earlier lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see this type of post or comment a lot throughout the thread. A lot of this comes down to being able to effectively "manage" a defense, aka reading the offense and calling plays accordingly.

On defense I play "coach mode" in order to keep a sim feel to the game because I felt the Jags D was too effective when I played as an MLB or DE. So, I call the plays (from the Strategy screen) and make any audibles or line shifts and that's it. I sit back and watch defense from Broadcast view.

If the CPU QB is picking you apart then you are not getting pressure on him. Any NFL QB with enough time will pick apart a defense--that's why they're in the league.

If your front line can't get pressure against the O-line then you need to have at least one blitzer every time you are playing the pass.

If your DB/WR matchup is failing you on man-to-man coverage, you need to make the switch to zone and plan around containment (and get pressure on the QB).

These sliders and Armor's guidelines for CFM give a phenomenal experience in Madden 16. The game plays great and requires good play calling on defense.