View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 03:44 PM   #411
game2180
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Charter04's Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerpns
The inside runs esp. from shotgun seem to be have been OP for quite awhile. This is mainly due to the often horrible defense AI. D Lineman don't do enough to occupy double teams to keep the LB's clean, and the LB play in this game is beyond horrendous. They just stand there flat footed and wait while the OL comes barreling at them 5 years down field.

That being said the best ways I've found to combat a spread to run inside offense is to not be afraid to keep your base D on the field. On 1st & 2nd down I will keep my base 4-3 on the field even if the O is in a 3WR set. I base a lot out of Cover 4 and Cover 6 and I will bring down & then user the FS/SS to the side the slot WR is on. This lets me base align and keep all my LBs back in the box. You can do this just as easily out of a Cover 3 by bringing the down safety to cover the slot.

When using Nickel or Dime formations, I almost always pinch my DL and spread my LB(s). If they try to run inside I want everything to bounce outside, where I have my LBs and my extra DBs/Safeties.

An even bigger issue for me than the inside runs out of shotgun are the ridiculous Draw plays. The AI defenders are just oblivious.
Thanks man, that was some good input. I figured I'd ask people using similar sliders to me. It is mostly the draw indeed, and the Eagles run it all game against me.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove