Old 09-21-2015, 08:31 AM   #3
RogueHominid
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Most Challenging AP Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Never understood the concept of most challenging slider set

Because IMO you can make sliders challenging regardless of level.

I think the issue is from what I read mostly is the user not putting forth the effort to make several adjustments on their own if it's required.

Therefor the slider creator constantly makes daily changes based on a few posters feedback.

It's quite simple if you pick a set of sliders and QBA is too easy at 40 or 30 then why not just bottom the slider out and work your way back up to a setting that fits your skill or playing style the best?

That actually works on all levels of Madden....

IF your using someone's sliders and the running game is too easy again why not just bottom out the slider and work your way back up til you get the results you desire?

Over the course of time every single slider set on these boards will need to be adjusted based on the individual using them.....

I've fiddled around with every level since the game released is IMO nothing has changed between the 3 levels QBA, Run Block and Pass Block are the constant 3 Human sliders that separate the game experience from challenging or easy.....

It's up to the USER to figure out and adjust where those sliders should be based on their skill level not the slider level

I think most USERS could realistically leave just about every single CPU slider at 50 on any level and get a challenging game if their wiling to adjust the human sliders that don't make the gameplay overpowering.

That's just my 2-cents

I get what you're saying.

My query was really more of whether or not there's a consensus set of AP sliders already in existence that delivers losses to the HUM without the HUM doing all kinds of crazy maneuvers to handicap him or herself.

And re: levels, I'd say you're partially right and partially wrong. You know well enough that the AI on AP and AM is simply different, and especially with regard to CPU QB play, there's just no way to make a CPU QB on AP play as well or as aggressively, with any consistency, as a CPU QB on AM. CPU runners also seem to behave differently on AM with regard to finding holes, using special moves, etc.

On AP, you might be able to reproduce similar statistical results by totally nerfing the HUM coverage or HUM tackling, but the manner in which those results are achieved will be aesthetically quite different.

Still, point taken. Thanks!