View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 06:54 AM   #836
thesportsguru11
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14)

Hamilton arrested for DUI; booted off team

Well that ended nicely.

Sophomore QB David Hamilton, 19, was arrested last night just outside of Hartford, CT for DUI and underage drinking just after his car was involved in a collision with another car going the wrong way on I-44. The crash took place at around 1 A.M., EST. Hamilton was not at fault, but failed a sobriety test and was promptly arrested.

Hamilton's 2006 Toyota Camry was totaled, and the 2015 Honda Civic the other was driving had repairable damage. The driver of the Civic, who remained unnamed, was arrested for negligent driving and a DUI as well, as his BAC was 3 times over the legal limit.

Hamilton had minor cuts and bruises, but was otherwise unharmed, as was the Civic driver.

Coach Diaco acted swiftly this morning, promptly kicking Hamilton off the team for his second offense of underage drinking. He received a warning and a first half suspension for the opening game of UConn's season against Boise State in August.

Hamilton was lost for the season with a shoulder injury in October. He had successful surgery on October 19 and was on track to rejoin the team for spring practice in February 2019.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Diaco
I feel bad I have to do this, as I believe Dave has lots of potential, but we can't have him setting a bad example for the rest of the team. We wish him the best wherever he goes.
For next season, UConn now has only three QB's: rising sophomore Tanner Dean-Lowry, redshirt sophomore Isaac Jackson and senior Jarrett Rivero. Dean-Lowry will likely get the starting nod with Jackson the backup.

It is unknown where Hamilton will go, be it another FBS school or an FCS school.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 07-09-2017 at 02:08 PM.