View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 07:14 AM   #842
thesportsguru11
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14)

LSU's Miles retiring

The Mad Hatter is hanging up his hat.

LSU head coach Les Miles is set to retire following back to back 5-7 campaigns, his 13th and 14th seasons at LSU. Miles, 66, stated that "it was the best time" and that "they were likely to fire me anyhow."

LSU has a shortlist of candidates, including San Diego State's Sterlin Gilbert, Fresno State's Tim DeRuyter and UConn's Bob Diaco, though he has already denied interest and that he will remain at UConn for the 2019 season.

Miles compiled a 136-47 record at LSU and a 28-21 record in his four seasons at Oklahoma State for a 164-68 record in his career.

-------------

UConn assistant Trebell accepts Hawai'i head coaching job

A third member from the CAC fraternity is graduating up to a head coaching job.

UConn super assistant Bob Trebell has accepted the head coaching job at the University of Hawai'i, according to an Associated Press report, following now USC coach Quinn Shea and Washington State coach Kaelyn Willingham as the third CAC member to become a head coach.

This means Trebell will not be joining UConn on their trip to the TicketCity Cactus Bowl in Tempe when they face Ohio State, simply to get a jump start on recruiting and molding the program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Trebell
I'm really excited that Hawai'i had interest in me, and that they'd accept. I've always wanted to be a head coach, and doing it at UH, a school I have deep respect for, is just a dream come true. I can't thank Bob [Diaco] enough for his support and assistance, and I wish UConn the best moving forward.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 07-09-2017 at 02:09 PM.