View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 09:08 AM   #45
Hanzberger
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How's Your GM Mode Going?

Hi Guys new to the forum. I started Gm mode once again first day of release. I am playing the W. Jets. I play every game myself including the AHL.
Team doing a little too well IMO. Sorry don't have any stats in front of me.
Just some notes:
You have ppl on your AHL club you cannot move. Is this realistic? I have 3 contracts with kids that counts against me. This leaves me with 1 player on the AHL club under a real contract and only 2 on the NHL club. 49 contracts.
I play on Pro, I feel Im not a great player but if I improve I will just bump the AI slider up.
My sliders are decent as I try to keep the stats in line with the rest of the league. So far so good. Scoring a few more goals then I would like so I may bump the periods from 8 to 7. AI is at 1 so may have to bump that 1 more too. Looking for a challenge here and realism.
Traded Pavelek early on as he stinks. Got Ranta and doing fine. Can't wait until my young Goalies improve and move up.
B Little got hurt, kept him out until 100% now he is disengaged. Trouba got hurt and soon as he was available he was back in but on 3rd line. No morale effect. So lesson learned I suppose.
*I've made other slider changes but will only post if someone asks.
*If interested in any stats please let me know I will post. I am in mid Nov.
Overall I am having fun but disappointed in the skating of the game, lack of penalties. Penalties are the one stat that is not in line with the rest of the league. But at 8 min periods I suppose I can live with it. Goalie sliders are almost maxed by memory so I can only reduce the number of mins per period.
I think I will bump the AI up 1 also as I feel my club should be about .500-.600. By memory we are around .750. Anyone agree the Jets are more of a .600 club, esp with Ranta (83) as goalie. No other major changes.
Still dialing things in. Right now just keeping an eye on stats trying to keep it real.
Yes there are AHL stats to someone else's question. I think OT wins/losses are not counted correctly for goalies.
*Feel boxed in with players, no real tradable assets and with the kids counting against me just no room to make moves. Sitting on almost 18 million, by memory.
Advertisements - Register to remove