View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 10:09 PM   #3
nogster
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2K16: Ratings/Tendencies Discoveries Thread

All I have found that needs changing to make sure the stars are being utilized and getting their numbers is to adjust the touches tendencies for a few players each team.
This game plays the best out of the box that any NBA 2k game ever has. I don't have time to do full roster adjustments anymore so I am very relived this is the case. I can handle the ratings, they are a hellava lot better than previously. Although there are always changes that can be made. Its more subjective than ever before.

But this is what is required just to further emphasize the CPU controlled teams and the stars.
Make sure that any team with a star big has the most touches by at least 10.
raise any secondary star bigs touches to make sure they are not being left out.
Ie: Raise Loves touches to 87. Lower Kyrie to 90. Lower Lebron to 95.
Lower the touches of a few scoring smalls or swingmen if there is a star or secondary star big on the team.
ie: Raise Drummonds Touches to 85. [But also change his primary play to pick n roll man.
Lower Jennings touches to 75.
Lower Jacksons touches to 77. [These guys will still get theirs as they are scoring PGs and will have the ball a lot.

Same with players like Jamal Crawford. His shooting tendencies dictate he will be aggressive offensively. He doesnt need high touches. He will get his simply for being an offensive minded guard.
Do this with all like minded players on all teams. and again, make sure that offensive minded bigs have the highest or close to the highest on their teams.

For a team like the Pelicans. You want A.D to have significantly the most touches. He should be in the 90s. [Which he is]But his guard/swingman team mates like Evans, holiday and Gordon should be AT LEAST 10 clicks lower. Raise Ryan Andersons to 85. But also change his playbook order to 3PT, Pick n roll man.

I have also raised the "run plays" coach slider to 99 for all teams. I dont think this is necessary like the past 2k games but it helps further emphasize the touches tendency. Don't worry, teams will still freelance a lot, but it just means in non broken or transition plays, a team will set up a play for its best players.

You do this and the teams will utilize the right players even more so. and the star bigs will be forces..

A perfect example is the 01 lakers. I havent even looked at Shaq and Kobes touch numbers but I will safely assume that Kobes touches are probably as high as Shaqs. This should not be the case as it will not translate to Shaq dominating the post. Shaq should be maxed. Kobe at least 10 clicks lower. Then make sure everyone else is at least 10 clicks lower than him.
Kobe will still hog and shoot the most, simply because of his high tendency to do so. But Shaq requires to get the ball inside before his tendencies even kick in. So make sure the CPU is forcing it to shaq every time they can.

This is a great game.