View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 09:26 AM   #192
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Preliminary Post-Patch Set

Some of these changes were driven by the new patch, some based on further testing. Once I realized that the new patch did not change the lineplay dynamic, I began re-evaluating all of the settings. I quickly realized that the issue with the sticky lineplay was the result of the settings we were using as much as anything. Specifically, the holding slider is critical here.

The following setup is based on animation and reaction based observations (i.e. watching replay after replay). I still need to settle-in and get a few full games in to give this a real shakedown. However, being the weekend, I thought I'd give you all a chance to try these out before the new work week begins again.

Game Options

Skill Level (Intro/Main/CFM): All Pro/All Pro/All Pro
Game Speed: Normal
Helps: off but, optional
Quarter Length: 13 (Or what ever you want)
Minimum Play Clock Time: 15 seconds (Or what ever you want)
Injuries: 70
Fatigue: 55
Player Min Speed Threshold: 50

Penalties (Key to get proper gameplay)
Offsides: 80
False Start: 80
Offensive Holding:20
  • A word here on offensive holding....we all love that penalties are now called in this year's game. The unfortunate reality is that my biggest peeve with the blocking is due to a high holding slider. At high levels, the line play becomes very 'sticky'...linemen just do a little dance. With holding set low, blocking becomes much more 'organic'...shedding occurs and blocking becomes more of a push-push mechanic than a hold-hold mechanic. If you absolutely crave holding penalties...50 is OK, but it isn't as fluid.
Defensive Holding:55 (still testing)
Facemask:55
  • The higher facemask slider is allowing for bigger intensity hits - helping to offset, to a degree, the broken tackles we were seeing post-patch.
Illegal Block ITB:50
RTP:50
Def PI: 60
Off PI: On
Kick Catch Int:On
Int Grounding: On
RTK: On
RITK: On

Gameplay Sliders User/Cpu

QB Acc: 40/45
Pass Blk: 30/35
WR ctch: 60/60
Run blk: 15/25
  • I'm still evaluating these settings, but was seeing way too big of a non-ratings-based push by CPU at higher run block settings.
Fumbles: 40/45
Reaction TM: 56/53
INT: 35/35
Pass Cov: 56/53
TKL: 25/30
  • I dropped CPU TAK a bit as I was seeing pursuit angles that were still too perfect and LBs trying to run through blocks (when not engaged) instead of trying to avoid blocks.
Special Teams

FG Power: 50
FG ACC: 42
Punt Power:42
Punt Acc: 50
KO Power: 50