View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 10:43 PM   #20
johnstone1987
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: ~~The Gridiron~~ College Edition~~

NCAA AROUND THE NATION BREAKING NEWS....

Former UMass Head Coach Charley Molnar and UMass mutually split ways as Eastern Michigan offers Molnar new Deal..

(September 13,2014)

UMass Assistant Coach Charley Molnar on sideline during Game....

Boston,MA- Just a mere few days ago, former UMass Head Coach Charley Molnar was reportedly looking for other opportunities in his Coaching career. Molnar who took the Minutemen to a pathetic 1-11 record in 2012 was demoted to Assistant as New Head Coach Sam Booth took the reigns leading the Minutemen to a 12-2 record and a MAC Championship.
Molnar who offered a position as Assistant Coach on Booth's staff last season is reportedly now leaving UMass for good. Breaking news this evening as Eastern Michigan University has fired their Interim Coach Warren Willis after a 1-1 start and a 3-9 finish in 2013 to offer Charley Molnar the new head Coaching job at EMU.
Molnar was apart of EMU's staff during the 2002-2003 seasons in which he coached QB's and WR's. EMU's Athletic Director Heather Lyke was the one who called and offered Molnar the position.

"I knew he was unhappy over there in Boston and it seemed like the right time to offer him this position. It just made sense. He knows our system and he's been with us before." Lyke commented.

"I was unhappy. I truly was. I felt like my skills was being overlooked as a Head Coach. It's nothing against Sam (Booth) he's done a hell of a job with this Football team but I felt like I was doing more harm than good here." Molnar stated.

EMU has given Charley Molnar FULL CONTROL over his staff and he didn't waste any time in revamping his own Coaching Staff for his tenure with EMU. Molnar fired just about everybody and hired his own son, Charley Molnar III to be his Offensive Coordinator and he has retained Defensive Coordinator of EMU Barry Odom who's Defensive Strategies in Willis's System was averaging giving up 30 points a game.

Coach Sam Booth had nothing but respect for Charley.

"I gave him an Assistant Spot so he could be around the system that I was bringing in here when I started and he's a good coach honestly he is. I wish him well on his next step of his Career over there in EMU and the funny thing is we're in the same Conference. We'll be seeing his squad real soon."

Eastern Michigan is currently on a Week 3 BYE which is the perfect time for Coach Molnar and his Staff to get a feel for the personnel and put in the time for practice in learning a new system.

"We're on a BYE, This gives me all the time in the world to work with my new Staff and Players before I have to get ready for my first game as a Coach over there. I'm excited. My family and I cannot wait." Charley stated.

Despite Molnar's 1-11 Coaching record, it appears that he has been given another chance with the Eagles of Eastern Michigan. Time will tell if he does well or if he'll find himself on the unemployment line..