Old 10-12-2015, 11:58 AM   #306
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Hey, Josh, glad to see you're again making discoveries with the penalty sliders. I love default AP this year, but I'm going to test these out, since I agree 100% with everything you've said here. If you don't mind, I have a few questions for you...
  1. I assume you are still matching main menu sliders with CFM sliders, correct? I have tested out matching versus no matching, and there clearly is a difference again based on what I've seen (matching appears to be the way to go).
  2. Are you getting any fumbles with this latest set? On default AP, I rarely see fumbles (avg .5 game).
  3. Last year, I know we chatted extensively on pass deflections (lack of). I'm still not seeing a lot this year in M16. Maybe avg. 2/game per team at best. Are you seeing the same, and if so, any suggestions to improve?
  4. With lower Holding and lower Run Blocking, are you still seeing good run games? Does the lower Tackling slider help balance that out?
  5. Finally, one observation I've had with the Tackling slider...you mentioned above that you've seen QB % go up. Well, it might be nothing, but when I tested out a lower Tackling slider (TKL = 40, all else default), QB % went up. I just looked back at the data I have from a 5 game comparison (same match ups), and with TKL = 40, average QB % went up 8 points versus AP Default. My guess so far was that TKL affects play recognition, so that might make the pass defense a bit worse. I was thinking of lowering QBA, but then here we go again...domino effect and chasing sliders one after the other. Thoughts?
Hey picker....some short answers as I am on my phone.

1. Still matching main menu and CFM. It may not be needed, but I still am.
2. Fumbles come and go. I'd like a couple more....but they happen.
3. Seeing 2-4 deflections per team. That is pretty spot on.
4. The run game is WAY better with this setup....it is much more dynamic and you feel ratings shine through. The low holding slider along with the offsides and false start are critical.
5. CPU comp percentages have been solid...some high, some low. Good variety here.