View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 11:17 AM   #14
xCoachDx
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Defense Can't Stop Anybody

Quote:
Originally Posted by whughes
My problem hasn't ever been points per game given up. It's always been yards against. Just yesterday in my Michigan dynasty (year 7) the Michigan State qb's stat line was 21/50 for 422yds, 1td 3int. And that's pretty normal. My only issue with that is him throwing for over 400 yards on only 20 completions. That's not very realistic unless you're Aaron Rodgers, and this kid definitely wasn't. I always seem to give up a ton of passing yards, under 60 rushing yards, and like 17 points per game. Even when they don't turn the ball over to me 3 times they always get a ton of yards but no points. I don't understand it
I often get this as well and it happens because the CPU will try to get in a power run formation to cap off the drive, but I don't have as much problem stopping that. The problem is against spread passing due to my AI's inability to cover Inside to Outside routes. They'll frequently get big gains until they are inside the 10, then I just have to stuff their run/quick pass.

The teams that do a solid job of scoring on me deep in my territory are the ones that stay in a spread the entire drive. Can't count how many times I've sent 8 players and a simple read option scores. Drives me insane.