View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 04:50 AM   #2
Yesh2kdone
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Almost about had enough of this game

I do feel like this is the Emperors new 2k. Everyone has built it up to be something it just isn't, so some simple backtracking is now really difficult. I play on HoF sim, and I'm in the playoffs at the end of my first full season. It just plays horribly. I've tried it on different difficulties too and the same issues appear regardless of the difficulty.

I'm the PG, so I carry the ball down a lot of the times, and just as I cross half way I have the opposition bumping me all over the place, so instantly I'm restricted in my abilities to take shots. I see play after play after play break down into nothing and the lines/play assistance just disappear, wasting time clock and then forcing me into some kind of attempted shot clock cheese emergency. But I've already been bumped and jostled so now the wide open shots I take and smack the line with just bounce off the rim.

I just dropped the difficult to SS Sim for the playoffs as I'm trying to find a way to enjoy this game rather than just beating it, and I can't find it. I get triple/quad dubs at will but it's no fun because the stupidity outweighs the fact I'm winning.

Shooting is a mess in this game. It just is. I've tried and mastered lots of different JS that just fall to pieces in game regardless of how open and how much you hit the line with it.

The continued forced turnovers that still plague this game, the freeze-you-to-the-spot defence that occurs occasionally to allow the oppo to blow past you at will, the ridiculous missed under the basket wide open layups and dunks from team mates. Team mates walking away from their matchups to create wide open 3's that the opposition just don't miss with the same regularity os Durant wide open 3's for my squad.

I'm not losing at this game, I'm winning in career mode (the only one I play), but it's a chore to play through it at the moment. I want so much to love this game but I feel like a battered wife at times. I can't stop going back to it, hoping that every time I pick it up it will have changed. It never does.

There is so much that's better about this game, but so much that is worse too, and the balance isn't right at the moment. I really look forward to gameplay patches, and hope some of this stuff can be ironed out. I'm a 93 overall now with all the badges I need, so I don't have to play career games.

Truth be told, I'm pretty happy that AC Syndicate was released this weekend, as it provides me the excuse I need to eject it and leave it alone. No doubt I'll come back to it in a few days, win a few games and think I can get past it's flaws, but then they'll turn round and smack me in the face all over again!