Old 10-26-2015, 10:18 AM   #15
Hassan Darkside
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 16: Fixing CFM (Part II)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
Cannot disagree with the beginning of this video and his reasoning more. Online will not succeed in bringing you into a immersed experience because people just don't have time to dedicate to 31 other people, let alone create an experience around 31 schedules. The point of franchise is not to play with friends etc...that is what single exhibition is for. Single franchise is where I get to get lost in my own nfl experience and should have completed control of all aspects. That does not currently exist because my franchise is geared towards hooking up with others which has caused a ton of problems that have been discussed in multiple threads.
I think you're missing the point he's making with Online Franchise. It sort of ties into the point that Madden's franchise overall lacks in creating a "living world" that you're apart of, however, with online franchise and playing with your friends, you and your peers can create a similar atmosphere. The point about Online CFM not being able to be immersive because people can't dedicate time to 31 other people isn't a fault of online CFM; that's a fault of the users themselves.

But overall, couldn't agree more with both Fixing CFM videos. The lack of immersion really kills the mode for me, and it's been that way for years. I have to dig through menus to figure out what teams are playing well, what players are playing well, who's hurt, etc. The news section and faux twitter feed was a nice addition when it was first added, but nothing has been done with it and it provides little context to the CFM world that I'm in.

The ticker is useless as it only gives present day NFL scores and updates. The ticker in-game only gives Drive Goal info which is annoying. The commentators don't acknowledge anything that's happening in the NFL outside of a quick overlay of division standings.

I wish these vids would get more exposure and hope EA gets a chance to see them.

Good stuff Chase.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Advertisements - Register to remove