View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 03:34 PM   #13
brettas2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Meaningful offseasons is a must have. Free agency is a money grab in offeason modes right now. If I have 10 million dollars in cap space but have an awesome team, and the free agent I want wants 10 million a year, I can only sign him if nobody else offers 11 million. I understand that is fairly realistic, but some free agents will go to a better opportunity, not someplace just for the money. When I start a franchise, I want to feel invested in the character, building him/her up from the beginning and making them a force in whatever league it is. As far as coaching goes, the college games, NCAA football and College hoops 2k series had it right. There was such a great carousel in the game. If I start out as an offensive coordinator for the Redskins and build up their offense and get offered a Head Coaching job for the (hypothetically speaking) aging Steelers, or upstart Titans, do I take either? Do I hold out and hope for a potential superbowl winning season with my current team the next year when maybe my "dream job" opens up? These are questions that any coach would be asking themselves in this situation. Do I jump at the money or do I wait and hope for a better opportunity. Maybe your team fails miserably the next year and you do not have any head coaching opportunities, but a chance to move on as an offensive coordinator to a better team...

Also, gameplanning really needs to become more of a focal point in these modes. Basketball and Football especially. The overall scouting of my teams strengths and weaknesses as well as the opponents and being able to easily formulate a gameplan based on this. Why would I want to come out and throw 50 times with a bad qb, when I have one of the best running attacks in football? Why wouldn't I want to focus my players on the floor to give space to the ball handler at the 3 point line because their team struggles shooting the 3 in basketball? You can control your player, but you cannot control your team overall... There needs to be a better way to do that.