View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 05:37 AM   #1
Leasim96
Pro

OVR: 0
Gameplay Issues still to be fixed

11/6/2015

I had already posted this, but just incase 2k didn't notice.

My Career issues:

Rotation bug: can't see team rotations as in how many minutes the starting lineup plays and such, there can only be seen one player in the rotation setup.

Rotation logic: Some better players are not being played over lower overalls, lower overalls are playing over some higher overalls.

Gm Office: Used the "I really like playing with a player" option to get a teammate more minutes, but instead he now doesn't play at all, same thing happens with the "I really don't like playing with a player".

General Gameplay Probems, Bugs, and Suggestions

In many cases the AI just stands there dribbling not doing anything until the shot clock goes down and is forced to shoot, would be great if you could increase AI awareness of the shot clock if you can.

When losing, in the last seconds of a game, with the last possesion, with no timeouts, AI still has time to pass to a teammate from halfcourt to attempt a shot, but instead chucks up a halfcourt shot with no awareness of the shot clock, no awareness of the shot clock overall.

Too much standing around often by the AI, passing the ball around needs to be more frequent, this can often be related to 2k play view not being turned on, so i suggest its turned on by default so the player can notice and get in position for the play so the AI continues the play and it doesn't seem like the AI is frozen.

Players dribbling out of bounds like nothing, happens more in fastbreak, also often go out of bounds OFF the ball for a second, which can cause turnovers when passing to them.

Theres an animation that happens way too often in the fast break, where the player is sort of pushed out of bounds by the defensive player, more like bumped, its a long animation which i assume is what makes it a problem. basically they get bumbed and its either a blocking foul or out of bounds, mostly a blocking foul, but enough said that it happens way too often in the fast break as if the player chooses to go out of bounds instead of going directly and attacking the basket, they have no sense of lane to fill.

Sometimes a player is below the basket, and he airballs a layup, hard to explain how it looks, but its as if he was doing a hook with a sort of raptor hand motion, infront of his own face.

Theres an animation where the player does a weird contested spin into a hook, and a lot of times the player goes behind the basket and shoots behind the backboard with this animation, which is just annoying.

A lot of animations are way too slow, post fadeaways are way too easy too block, they look like the player is shooting in your face and staying for 1 whole second giving you an easy block, basically they look too mechanic, too static, too slow in general, this happens with many more animations mostly layups, they are too slow and easy to block which affects gameplay a lot, what player would shoot a layup that slow, wheres the urgency? lol.

CPU can get forced into an animation where they turn around, and take a long step into a backcourt violation.

CPU often don't realize they will commit a backcourt violation if they do a certain move, have no sense of where they are on the court sometimes.

Passing in general should be more frequent, but at the same time, the AI seems to have no awareness of the defender ready to steal the ball in the passing lane, and if the frequency of passing is upped steals might be overload, so i suggest increasing the frequency of passing and the awareness of where they are passing to, if its possible, if not then just decrease steal frequency, in the nba theres barely any easy steals eitherways, in 2k its way too easy to get steals.

Theres a bug where the cpu just dribbles in a protect the ball position on the paint agaisn't another cpu, don't realize they have to get out or they get a 3 second violation, and so they do, this also happens anywhere on the court, and unless you screen the player out of the animation they don't react, sometimes even not shooting when the shotclock is going down.

Thats all for now
Advertisements - Register to remove